Microsoft has always been a pioneer in the computer industry with its legendary operating software, Windows. In the year 2000, Windows set a game-changing example with its Windows update.
It came with 32-bit computing architecture and fully protected memory model. In 2001, Windows even step ahead more with its Windows XP.
With loads of features and improvement, compatibility for the smarter application then, also compatibility of better hardware made it sort of evergreen.
So even after years and years of smarter software and upgrades, Windows XP still manages to maintain its popularity, even after Microsoft stopped supporting it with updates.
Windows XP is a brilliant operating system, with better application and hardware compatibility. Features like shared DLL support, Device driver roll back and system restore, the OS is strong but easy to use the system.
The user experience will be very smooth as it is very lucid to use. It comes with two major edition, Home and Professional. The personal user experience is better in Home edition whereas the professional edition comes with few extra features like faster problem resolutions. Even though we have a great features in the latest version on windows 10, it is still worthwhile to re visit the features of Windows XP due to it’s popularity.
Windows XP features
Windows XP features were the pioneer of that time of its own kind. There were loads of new feature in XP and let’s check on the best of them.
XP made writing Compact Discs much easier as it was an in built feature in Windows XP. Just drag your files to the CD ROM’s drive and it used to write and burn the CD and make it ready.
Driver roll back
If you were unsatisfied with any driver update, with Windows XP you can easily uninstall the updates and roll back to a previous stable version of it.
Windows also took the internet protection in mind and brought us the Windows Firewall to avoid all the internet harmful malware away from us.
Silent feature- Remote desktop
This was a game changer by Windows as the silent feature allowed your desktop to be accessed by another desktop remotely. For IT solution guys it was an amazing feature to access the desktop and fix it.
It is an adjacent feature of a Silent feature of XP. It helped for remote troubleshooting and help in desktop handling. Support personnel can access your PC remotely to assist you with their services.
How to Download windows XP?
Now let’s check on how to download windows XP ISO for free. It’s a very easy process to get the Windows XP version in your computer. You just need to be sure whether you need windows XP ISO 64 bit or 32 bit as according to the compatibility of your configuration. Let’s check on how to get the Windows XP SP3 ISO.
Firstly go on a web search engine, like Google and type ‘Windows XP SP3 ISO bootable download’. There you will find loads of links and site. Always go for the top few results as there are high chances of authenticity. There will be options like Window XP home edition SP3 ISO, and also options for professional service pack 3 image files too. You need to decide which one do you need. Then click on the respective choice of links and your image file will be downloaded soon. Once the windows XP SP3ISO bootable version is downloaded it is ready to boot through a USB. You can download Windows XP professional for some extra privileges like the faster resolution of errors.
How to install the XP ISO files from a USB
- Run Power ISO software utility.
- Plug in the USB you need to boot from.
- Select the architecture of 32 or 64 bit
- Select the correct drive and click ‘Next’
- The utility will start creating the USB. Click okay once done.
- Once done, open the I386 and copy-paste the Window XP ISO files.
- Now you need to reboot the system. And while rebooting you need to enter the BIOS mode.
- Once in BIOS, go to the section containing boot devices.
- With the USB plugged in, your drive should be listed. Open it as your primary boot device.
- Exit BIOS.
- Partition the hard drive as according to your preference. Preferably allow some more space in C drive as that will be the mother drive. And part another drive as according to you.
- After setting up your drive, you can now install XP. Consider your USB is detected as drive E, then there will be a folder named E:\I386.
- Run E:\i386\winnt32.exe/syspart:C:/tempdrive:C:/makelocalsource
- If you don’t want to install the drives in C, replace it with other drives while running.
- Proceed with the installation and if you are asked if you would like to convert into NTFS, click no.
And you are done with your Windows XP on your PC. If you experience any issues with downloading and installing, please feel free comment below and we will happy to help you to solve the issues.