Solar panels come with many benefits. Once installed, they allow you to go green and save money on your household expenses. Some people are on the fence about moving forward with an install. The benefits sound great, but there is an initial cost that may seem a bit daunting. Connect Electric wants to share 10 reasons why this year is the best time to schedule your solar system installation.
- Utility Savings Start Immediately – When you switch your solar panels on, you immediately reduce the amount of electricity you consume from the grid. That means you won’t be paying utility companies as much, or possibly at all, to power your home. The average household can save up to $30,000 over the life of their panels, so it’s well worth the investment.
- You Can Earn with Net Metering – You can begin earning money or credits through a net metering program. Find out if your local electric company offers this benefit. Net metering means that excess energy your system produces is fed back into the grid, reversing your meter.
- Federal Tax Credit Will Disappear – The Federal tax credit is available now, but it won’t be around forever. It dropped to 26% this year and will go down to 22% in 2020 before being phased out in 2022. Install now so you get the highest possible credit for your installation.
- Reduces Pollution and Hazardous Waste – Solar doesn’t burn fossil fuels and it doesn’t require water to generate electricity as traditional methods do. These processes cause waste and pollution to enter the environment. Solar is clean and readily available.
- Selling Point for Eco-Minded Home Buyers – Many homebuyers want properties that allow them to live green with minimal changes. Solar panels can be an attractive selling point for this group. Others may become interested when they hear about how your panels cut down on utility bills.
- Gives You Energy Independence – You can become energy independent with a solar system. You won’t be subject to the rate hikes that can occur in the industry. Know what to expect from month to month so you can enjoy peace of mind.
- Minimize or Eliminate Reliance on the Grid – Many regions have antiquated grids that need to be updated or repaired. A small problem can leave many people without power. When you have your own on-site solar system, you won’t have to worry about the condition of the grid.
- Always Have a Backup During Power Outages – Some homeowners prefer a hybrid system that lets them use solar panels and stay connected to the grid. During power outages, they can fall back on their array (or batteries connected to it during dark hours).
- Support Job Creation in Your Area – When you hire a solar installer, you are supporting local jobs. The renewable energy industry is growing in most areas, bringing new opportunities for employment. It’s good for the individual and the local economy.
- The Future is Solar Powered – The future will be powered by renewable technology. Get on board now so you are ahead of the curve when others realize the benefits of solar.
If you have questions about the benefits of solar panels talk to your local electrician. The more you learn the easier it is to see just how beneficial solar panels can be.