Do you know that Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, and Steve Jobs started as entrepreneurs? They all took risks, started with one-of-a-kind business ideas, and turned these ideas into realities. Their startups are now million-dollar companies making a significant impact in the lives of everyone.
If you are an entrepreneur and looking for ways to boost your brand and enhance your startup, you can add content marketing to your digital marketing plans.
Content marketing refers to everything found on your website, social media site, product pages, and other online platforms. Content is not just limited to textual content such as blog posts, articles, and descriptions. It also refers to videos, podcasts, infographics, case studies, listicles, e-books, and how-to guides.
Below are top content marketing strategies for startups and some tips to help you make the most of these tactics for your next marketing campaigns.
Research on the Hottest Topics in Your Industry
Many turn to search engines to find information about products, businesses, or services. They trust that Google and other search engines provide them with the most updated, reliable, and good-quality content.
Thus, good content starts with thorough research of your industry. Find out which topics are trending and which are not using these techniques:
- Google Trends. This is the best tool to find trending topics for any industry.
- Trending Reddits and Subreddits. Reddit is designed to showcase trending topics. Use this tool to find specific topics you are interested in by checking the number of upvotes and comments.
- Pinterest. If your business involves selling products or promoting brands, Pinterest’s evergreen content research can give insights into the hottest trends.
- Google News. Use this tool to look for news headlines that are already curated. Set up alerts so that you’ll be notified ASAP of any trending news in your industry.
Enhance Your Website with Visual Content
People are now less interested in lengthy textual content and turn to short, straightforward visual content. Forbes mentioned that people have an attention span of only eight seconds. Take note that this was around 12 seconds in 2000.
So what type of content would best fit people with short attention spans? The answer is interesting visual content. Many kinds of visual content strategies can help you get your message across and strengthen brand recognition, as said by Digital Authority Partners in this article. With a good visual strategy, you can win more customers and improve your revenue in the long run.
In 2022, visual content marketing remains a popular strategy but with a twist. Consider the following tips:
- Use livestreaming to emphasize the value of your products or services.
- Always go for authentic content. Never borrow content from other marketers, influencers, and personalities.
- Incorporate mixed reality in your marketing strategies. This technology combines physical and digital environments used in many industries.
- Create lists from graphics.
- Promote your brand, products, or services through a game-like visual experience.
- Hot visual content alert! Promote a healthy lifestyle and environmentally friendly green living.
Use Social Media to Promote Your Content
Social media plays a huge role in promoting businesses online. Statista reveals that there are around 4.2 billion active social media users around the world. The most popular social media platform according to audience size is Facebook, but you must never overlook other networks such as Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and others.
It takes a winning social media content strategy to help you gain the upper hand. Do not overlook the billions of social media users. Follow these content strategies on social media:
- Use social media live features.
- Come up with contests, surveys, and other ways to involve your audience in your marketing.
- Turn to micro-influencers to promote your brand.
- Use TikTok to connect with more social media users. This network has 205 million first-time downloads worldwide with around $50.4 million worldwide spending.
- Post creative content with a focus on community involvement.
- Your company information on your website should be similar across your social media pages.
Try Influencer Marketing
One of the most popular and very successful marketing strategies is influencer marketing. This is about hiring a social media influencer to promote your brand, products, or service. An influencer already has followers and supporters, so connecting and engaging people is easier and less costly.
Influencer marketing has been around for ages and continues to prove as a worthwhile strategy. This 2022, follow these strategies to get the most of your influencer marketing:
- Choose preferred creators from different social media platforms.
- Influencer marketing is vital to enhancing your affiliate programs.
- Live shopping, unboxing, and product reviews will be a part of influencer marketing.
- Focus on diversity as well as gender representation in your influencer marketing campaigns.
- Choose influencers that are well-known in your industry or niche.
General Content Marketing Tips to Live By
There are so many types of content to create and share, but not all of them apply to your business. To find out which type works for your audience, perform thorough research. Do not waste your time and energy creating content that is inappropriate for your business or does not appeal to your audience.
Understand what your customers look for and what kind of content they are interested in. No matter what type of content you are working on, make sure it is clear and works with your business goals.
Consider your customer’s buying journey and create content that can help them make smart buying decisions. Publish in-depth content, as this helps you rank higher in search engines. You can make in-depth content about how to use your products or order your services.
Your audience must find your posts engaging, reliable, relatable, and valuable. Finally, you can boost your market authority by creating in-depth content for each of your keywords, products, or services.
Content marketing is part of a successful marketing strategy for any startup. By following these practical and effective content marketing strategies, you will be steps closer to your marketing goals.
Remember that just like any marketing strategy, content marketing constantly evolves. To ensure success, you need to study the trends, know your market better, and understand your audience’s needs.